Call for Applications - CLOSED
Symposium and Master Class for Composition
April 1st - April 10th, 2022
Municipal Conservatory of Larissa, Greece
Ensembles in residence:
Sophie Schafleitner - violin
Dimitrios Polisoidis - viola
Gerald Preinfalk - saxophones
Krassimir Sterev - accordion
Performance Practice in Contemporary Music
Gregory Chalier - flute/piccolo flute
Elena Arbonies Jauregui - clarinet/bass clarinet
Lea Moullet - violin
Leo Morello - cello
Open to all composers - Call for applications
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Thursday, September 3rd, 2020, 11:59 PM (+2:00 EET Athens).
The outHEAR New Music Week is happy to announce a Call for applications to participate in a Symposium and Master Class in Composition from April 1st - April 10th, 2022 lead by our ensemble-in-residence, Ensemble Klangforum in collaboration with four members of the PPCM and our faculty Franck Bedrossian, Dimitri Papageorgiou, and Orestis Toufektsis.
Please note that, due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we have decided to postpone the outHEAR New Music Week which will take place at the beginning of April 2022, months later than usual.
• The Call for Applications is open to composers of any gender, age, and nationality.
• Submit a portfolio of two (2) or three (3) works possibly for a variety of chamber music ensembles. Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements, do not need to be anonymous, and must have been composed within the last seven years.
3. Application Fee
A non-returnable application fee of 20€ is required for the submission of your portfolio.
Payment can be made to the following bank account:
BANK: Piraeus Bank S.A.
Account Name: Dimotiko Odeion Larissas (Municipal Conservatory of Larissa)
Address: I. Dragoumi 3, Larissa, P.C. 41222, Greece
In the transaction description, please, write: Your NAME - OutHear NMW Call for Applications
Contribution fees must be sent in Euros (€)
Participants are asked to attach copies of bank transfer receipts in their application form.
If, for some reason, you experience difficulties to transfer the application fee, you may want to consider alternative services such as transferwise (transferwise.com). For further assistance please contact our OutHear New Music Week production coordinator, Marily Ventouri, at email@example.com
4. Items to submit:
Two or three computer notated score in PDF format.
Resume or CV.
A copy of payment of the application fee.
Please, prepare all the necessary materials to a single folder and submit it via a link to Dropbox or other external hosting sites.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Thursday, September 3rd, 2020, 11:59 PM (+2:00 EET Athens). CLOSED
Two groups of composers will be selected:
Group A of twelve (12) composers. Selected composers will be commissioned to compose a new work for a mixed quartet.
Group B of six (6) composers. Selected composers will be commissioned to compose a new work for a soloist
Works by all composers will be rehearsed, discussed, and finally performed at three final concerts.
The exact instrumental formation of each commissioned work will be assigned by the organizers.
All selected works will be recorded and videotaped.
7. Tuition Fees
Group A = 380€
Group B = 250€
Although fees do not cover accommodation, outHear New Music Week can offer you single or double hotel room at discount prices.
8. The Jury
Franck Bedrossian - composer, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz Graz,
Dimitri Papageorgiou - composer and artistic co-director of OutHEAR New Music Week, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Orestis Toufektsis - composer and artistic co-director of OutHEAR New Music Week, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
The members of the Klangforum: Sophie Schafleitner - violin, Dimitrios Polisoidis - viola, Gerald Preinfalk - saxophones, Krassimir Sterev - accordion
The judges will not make available any written or verbal commentary.
9. Further Information
Participation in this project is approval of these terms and conditions.
• outHEAR New Music Week do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
• outHEAR New Music Week will not be able to provide transportation commissioning or rental fees for any composers whose work is selected for performance. Nevertheless, support will be given to creators available for travel by sending off letters or invitations directed towards entities that could be helping them to cover these expenses.
• The artistic and organizing committee of OutHear New Music Week, in charge of this Call for Applications, reserves the possibility to bring changes to this bid.
• The processing of personal data provided by the participants is based on principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency, and privacy protection – especially regarding the participants themselves. All processing is done once files are received for the purpose of the composers’ participation.
• For any additional information, please contact OutHear New Music Week production coordinator, Marily Ventouri, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Franck Bedrossian,University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
Dimitri Papageorgiou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Orestis Toufektsis, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz