Call for Scores 2019 CLOSED
Symposium and Master Class for Composition
December 6th - December 14th 2019
Municipal Conservatory of Larissa, Greece
Ensemble in residence:
Mikael Rudolfsson - Trombone
Björn Wilker - Percussion
Joonas Ahonen - Piano
Dimitrios Polisoidis - Viola
Performance Practice in Contemporary Music
Kathrine Kirkeng Oseid - Saxophone
Felix Martl - Clarinet
David Schmidt - Trumpet
Leo Morello - Cello
Open to all composers
Submission deadline: June 23rd, 2019
11:59 PM (+2:00 EET, Athens)
The OUT HEAR New Music Week 2019 is happy to announce a Call for scores to participate in a Symposium and Master Class in Composition on December 6th to 14th, 2019, lead by our ensemble-in-residence, Ensemble Klangforum in collaboration with four members of the PPCM and our faculty Klaus Lang, Dimitri Papageorgiou, and Orestis Toufektsis.
• The Call for Scores is open to composers of any gender, age and nationality.
• Submit a portfolio of two (2) or three (3) works possibly for a variety of chamber music ensembles. Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements and do not need to be anonymous and must have been composed within the last seven years.
3. Application Fee
• A non-returnable application fee of 15€ is required for the submission of your portfolio.
• Payment can be made to the following bank account:
IBAN: GR91 0171 7830 0067 8311 6310 135
BANK: Piraeus Bank S.A.
Account Name: Dimotiko Odeion Larissas (Municipal Conservatory of Larissa)
Address: Blanas Square (Laou), Larissa, P.C. 41221, Greece
• In the transaction description, please, write: OutHear New Music Week 2019 Call for Scores
• Contribution fees must be sent in Euros (€)
• Participants are asked to attach copies of bank transfer receipts.
If, for some reason, you experience difficulties to transfer the application fee, please contact please contact for further assistance our OutHear New Music Week production assistant, Marily Ventouri, at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Items to submit:
• Two or three computer notated score in PDF format.
• Resume or CV.
• Demo recordings are welcome but not necessary. Please, submit via a link to Dropbox, Soundcloud, or other external hosting sites.
• A copy of payment of the application fee
• Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (+2:00 EET Athens) on June 23rd, 2019.
Two groups of composers will be selected
• Group A of twelve (12) composers. Selected composers will be commissioned to compose a new work for a mixed quartet. Works by composers of Group A will be rehearsed, discussed, and performed at two final concerts.
• Group B of four (4) composers. Selected composers will be commissioned to compose a new work for a mixed quartet. Works by composers of Group B will be selected for their works to be rehearsed, discussed, and read-through
• The exact instrumental formation of each commissioned work will be assigned by the organizers.
• All selected works will be recorded and videotaped.
7. Tuition Fees
Group A = 350€
Group B = 200€
Although fees do not cover accommodation, outHear can offer you single or double hotel room at discount prices.
8. The Jury
• Klaus Lang - composer, University of Music and Drama Graz
• The members of the Klangforum:
Mikael Rudolfsson - trombone, Björn Wilker - Percussion, Joonas Ahonen - piano, Dimitrios Polisoidis - viola and artistic co-director of OUT HEAR New Music Week
• Dimitri Papageorgiou - composer and artistic co-director of OUT HEAR New Music Week, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
• Orestis Toufektsis, composer and artistic co-director of OUT HEAR New Music Week, University of Music and Drama Graz
The judges will not make available any written or verbal commentary.
9. Further Information
Participation in this project is approval of these terms and conditions.
• OUT HEAR New Music Week do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
• OUT HEAR New Music Week will not be able to provide transportation commissioning or rental fees for any composers whose work is selected for performance. Nevertheless support will be given to creators available for travel by sending off letters or invitations directed towards entities that could be helping them to cover these expenses.
• The artistic and organizing committee of OutHear New Music Week, in charge of this Call for Scores, reserves the possibility to bring changes to this bid.
• The processing of personal data provided by the participants is based on principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency, and privacy protection – especially regarding the participants themselves. All processing is done once files are received for the purpose of the composers’ participation.
• For any additional information, please contact OutHear New Music Week production assistant, Marily Ventouri, at email@example.com
Klaus Lang,University of Music and Drama Graz
Dimitri Papageorgiou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Orestis Toufektsis, University of Music and Drama Graz
New music week 2020
with the Ensemble
photo courtesy of Monika Rittershaus